[ APPLICATIONS HAVE NOW CLOSED ]
Thank you to all of the amazing parents who have nominated their children to participate in the inaugural Be Awesome Festival.
Stay up to date with how you can still be involved with the event by following us on Facebook.
If you would like to express interest for the Be Awesome Festival to come to your school in the future please email us at email@example.com
We are looking for 8-10 year old participants to experience the very first Be Awesome Festival pilot in Brisbane on Saturday 23 May 2015. To nominate your child to take part in this exciting inaugural event, complete the online application form here or scroll down to the application section below (please note: you will need a Google account to complete the application form). If you have any questions about the application process please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
APPLICATIONS HAVE NOW CLOSED.
The current mainstream school system tends to focus on a narrow scope of behaviours, recognising only certain forms of intelligence and promoting a limited set of examples of “success”. This means that parents of children whose skills, abilities and perceived intelligence don’t necessarily conform to what is recognised and encouraged by mainstream curriculum can often be left feeling that either they or their child is doing something wrong.
Be Awesome believes that each child is born as a complete and unique being with vast potential, but that the current generation is experiencing an overwhelming amount of external information and influence that can limit and conceal this core identity and potential.
We have a dream to empower a generation of children to embody the awareness of their inner power, through a transformational festival program called the Be Awesome Festival.
We are currently creating the first pilot for the festival to take place in Brisbane on Saturday 23 May 2015. If you share our vision for a generation of empowered young people we invite you to nominate your child as one of the first participants in the Be Awesome Festival!
This is an opportunity for both you and your child to be a part of the creative process for this event and be leaders and advocates in an emerging global movement for positive change.
Please read the following information carefully and complete the application form below. If you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
The Be Awesome Festival Pilot
The Be Awesome Festival is a day of full-on energy, excitement and play where children explore a network of physical challenges. Challenges are designed in a way to allow each child to experience a powerful life lesson that they can embody through physical experience for the rest of their life.
The Be Awesome Festival pilot is a scaled version of the ultimate festival model and will feature three challenges based on responses from over 100 people in Brisbane to the following question:
If you could give an 8-10 year old the gift of one powerful life lesson that would support them for the rest of their life, what would it be?
The festival pilot will feature challenges that teach the following three lessons identified from our poll responses:
- How to embrace failure to become more resilient
- How to love and validate yourself without needing to please others
- How to trust your gut instinct
As a parent of a participant, you will be invited to be involved in our weekly meet ups, to contribute to the creative process and to gain a deeper understanding of the potential benefits of each challenge, based on our current research and understanding.
About Be Awesome
Be Awesome is a social enterprise devoted to promoting activities that empower individuals with the freedom to stop, choose and act with integrity.
Be Awesome is made up of a team of passionate volunteers from a variety of backgrounds and is lead by founder Christian Duell.
Christian is a registered architect, musician and educator with over 10 years experience working across a range of teaching environments. Most recently he has researched, lectured and facilitated workshops internationally that promote “design thinking” and new approaches to education in schools. His approach in leading Be Awesome combines playful curiosity and intuition with evidence-based decision making.
- Participants will be assessed by Be Awesome based on the information provided in the following application form. Positions in the festival pilot will be limited and as a result not all suitable applicants can necessarily be accepted for this event, however there will be ongoing opportunities to be involved in future events.
- Participants must be aged between 8 and 10 years as of the 23 May 2015.
- Participants must be based in Brisbane or be able to travel to Brisbane to attend the festival pilot on Saturday 23 May 2015.
- There is a participation fee of $150.00 inc. GST per participant and is payable two weeks prior to the festival event. This fee will offset expenses related to the child’s participation on the day including safety measures and insurance.
- Successful applicants will be notified on Monday 27 April 2015. Successful applicants will be required to complete and sign a separate activity agreement prior to participating in the festival event on the 23 May.
- Selection of participants is at the discretion of Be Awesome and is final.
We take safety and security very seriously. Any personal information that you provide will be handled in absolute confidentiality and will be used solely for the purpose of selecting participants for the Be Awesome Festival pilot on Saturday 23 May 2015.
Applicants must be the legal parent / guardian of the child.
If you are applying for more than one child please complete a separate application form for each child.
APPLICATIONS HAVE NOW CLOSED.