Be Awesome is made up of a team of passionate volunteers. If you share our vision, please consider supporting our crowdfunding campaign to create the Be Awesome Festival; a transformational event empowering the next generation. Visit the campaign here.
We are looking for 18-25 year old facilitators to lead a series of high-energy experiential challenges for a group of 8-10 year olds at the Be Awesome Festival Melbourne pilot on Saturday 28 January 2017.
If you share our vision for a generation of empowered young people we invite you to nominate yourself as a youth facilitator for the Be Awesome Festival pilot!
This is an opportunity for you to be a part of the creative process for this event, to develop powerful leadership skills in a fun and dynamic team environment and to make a positive impact on the lives of a group of young people.
Check out what some of our previous Dream Team volunteers have to say about their Be Awesome Festival experience. This experience could change your life!
Please read the following information carefully and complete the application form below. If you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 5PM AEST TUESDAY 10 JANUARY, 2017.
Be Awesome believes that each child is born as a complete and unique being with vast potential, but that the current generation is experiencing an overwhelming amount of external information and influence that can limit and conceal this core identity and potential.
We have a dream to empower a generation of children to embody the awareness of their inner power, through a transformational festival program called the Be Awesome Festival.
We are also aware of the immense external pressure placed on teenagers at the end of high school to make important career and life decisions at a time when they are only beginning to discover their true identity. The Be Awesome Festival aims to support the personal development of young people in the post-high school phase by providing opportunities to mentor, support and act as a role-model for the 8-10 year old festival participants.
The Be Awesome Festival Melbourne Pilot
The Be Awesome Festival is a day of full-on energy, excitement and play where children explore a network of physical challenges. Challenges are designed in a way to allow each child to experience a powerful life lesson that they can embody through physical experience for the rest of their life. Check out this video from our inaugural event in Brisbane:
The Be Awesome Festival Melbourne Pilot is a scaled version of the ultimate festival model and will feature three challenges based on responses from over 200 people in Melbourne to the following question:
If you could give an 8-10 year old the gift of one powerful life lesson that would support them for the rest of their life, what would it be?
The festival pilot will feature challenges that teach the following lessons identified from our poll responses:
- How to love and validate yourself without needing the approval of others / How to love and respect yourself to attract people who will love and respect you (23% of the vote)
- How to be empathetic and see things from other’s point of view (10% of the vote)
- How to embrace failure to become more resilient (9% of the vote)
- How to dream big and dare to be different (6% of the vote)
- How to recognise that everything you need is already embedded within you (6% of the vote).
As a youth facilitator, you will be required to attend two weekly Wednesday night meet ups in Collingwood from 6:30pm- 8:30pm (18/01/17 & 25/01/17) as well as participating on the day of the festival on Saturday 28 January 2017, from 8am-4pm.
About Be Awesome
Be Awesome is a social enterprise devoted to promoting activities that empower individuals with the freedom to stop, choose and act with integrity.
- Applicants must be aged between 18 and 25 years
- Applicants must possess a current Working With Children check or be able to secure one by 16 January 2017. It usually takes a couple of weeks to get one, but may take a little longer over the Christmas holidays.
- Applicants must be able to attend the Dream Team weekly meet-ups on Wednesday nights from 6:30pm-8:30pm on January 18th and 25th.
- Applicants must be available to be awesome at the Be Awesome Festival Melbourne pilot from 8am-4pm on January 28.
- Applicants will be assessed by Be Awesome based on the information provided in the following application form. Youth facilitator roles in the festival pilot will be limited and as a result not all suitable applicants can necessarily be accepted for this event, however there will be ongoing opportunities to be involved in future events.
- The Be Awesome Festival is being created through the passion and love of a group of dedicated people and this role is also voluntary.
- Successful applicants will be notified on Monday 9 January 2017. Successful applicants will be required to complete and sign a separate activity agreement prior to participating in the festival event on the 28 January.
- Selection of facilitators is at the discretion of Be Awesome and is final.
We take safety and security very seriously. Any personal information that you provide will be handled in absolute confidentiality and will be used solely for the purpose of selecting participants for the Be Awesome Festival pilot on Saturday 28 January 2017.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 5PM AEST TUESDAY 10 JANUARY, 2017.