Be Awesome is made up of a team of passionate volunteers. If you share our vision, please consider supporting our crowdfunding campaign to create the Be Awesome Festival; a transformational event empowering the next generation. Visit the campaign here.
[ APPLICATIONS HAVE NOW CLOSED ]
Thank you to all of the amazing people who have nominated to become a youth facilitator at the Be Awesome Festival pilot.
If you would still like to be involved in some way, send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get in touch about other volunteering opportunities on the day and in the future. Stay up to date with our progress in creating the pilot by following us on Facebook.
UPDATE: We’ve opened up the youth facilitator age limit from 21 to 25 based on your feedback! Apply now if you’re ready to make a difference for an amazing group of 8-10 year olds. And check out our crowdfunding campaign for the Be Awesome Festival Pilot here.
We are looking for 18-25 year old facilitators to lead a series of high-energy experiential challenges for a group of 8-10 year olds at the very first Be Awesome Festival pilot in Brisbane on Saturday 23 May 2015. To nominate yourself for this exciting inaugural event, complete the online application form here or scroll down to the application section below (please note: you will need a Google account to complete the application form). If you have any questions about the application process please contact us at email@example.com.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 5PM AEST FRIDAY 1 MAY, 2015.
Be Awesome believes that each child is born as a complete and unique being with vast potential, but that the current generation is experiencing an overwhelming amount of external information and influence that can limit and conceal this core identity and potential.
We have a dream to empower a generation of children to embody the awareness of their inner power, through a transformational festival program called the Be Awesome Festival.
We are also aware of the immense external pressure placed on teenagers at the end of high school to make important career and life decisions at a time when they are only beginning to discover their true identity. The Be Awesome Festival aims to support the personal development of young people in the post-high school phase by providing opportunities to mentor, support and act as a role-model for the 8-10 year old festival participants.
We are currently creating the first pilot for the festival to take place in Brisbane on Saturday 23 May 2015. If you share our vision for a generation of empowered young people we invite you to nominate as a youth facilitator for the Be Awesome Festival pilot!
This is an opportunity for you to be a part of the creative process for this event, to develop powerful leadership skills in a fun and dynamic team environment and to make a positive impact on the lives of a group of young people.
Please read the following information carefully and complete the application form below. If you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Be Awesome Festival Pilot
The Be Awesome Festival is a day of full-on energy, excitement and play where children explore a network of physical challenges. Challenges are designed in a way to allow each child to experience a powerful life lesson that they can embody through physical experience for the rest of their life.
The Be Awesome Festival pilot is a scaled version of the ultimate festival model and will feature three challenges based on responses from over 100 people in Brisbane to the following question:
If you could give an 8-10 year old the gift of one powerful life lesson that would support them for the rest of their life, what would it be?
The festival pilot will feature challenges that teach the following three lessons identified from our poll responses:
- How to embrace failure to become more resilient
- How to love and validate yourself without needing to please others
- How to trust your gut instinct
As a youth facilitator, you will be required to attend three weekly meet ups (5/05, 12/05& 19/05) as well as participating on the day of the festival on Saturday 23 May 2015, from 8am-4pm.
About Be Awesome
Be Awesome is a social enterprise devoted to promoting activities that empower individuals with the freedom to stop, choose and act with integrity.
- Applicants must be aged between 18 and 25 years
- Applicants must possess a current blue card or be able to secure one prior to the 23 May 2015.
- Applicants must be able to attend the Dream Team weekly meet-ups from 6pm-8pm on May 5th, 12th AND 19th.
- Applicants must be available to be awesome at the Be Awesome Festival pilot in Brisbane from 8am-4pm on May 23.
- Applicants will be assessed by Be Awesome based on the information provided in the following application form. Youth facilitator roles in the festival pilot will be limited and as a result not all suitable applicants can necessarily be accepted for this event, however there will be ongoing opportunities to be involved in future events.
- The Be Awesome Festival is being created through the passion and love of a group of dedicated people and this role is also voluntary.
- Successful applicants will be notified on Monday 3 May 2015. Successful applicants will be required to complete and sign a separate activity agreement prior to participating in the festival event on the 23 May.
- Selection of facilitators is at the discretion of Be Awesome and is final.
We take safety and security very seriously. Any personal information that you provide will be handled in absolute confidentiality and will be used solely for the purpose of selecting participants for the Be Awesome Festival pilot on Saturday 23 May 2015.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 5PM AEST FRIDAY 1 MAY, 2015.